Sat, 17 Sept|
Helmsley Walled Garden
Four Seasons of Herbal Remedies ~ Autumn
The use of herbs as natural remedies is as old as time. Our understanding of their therapeutic properties has expanded across centuries and continents, yet our fascination with them remains. This full day workshop will guide you through a multisensory experience of seasonal herbs and remedy making.
Time & Location
17 Sept 2022, 10:00 – 16:00
Helmsley Walled Garden, Cleveland Way, Helmsley, York YO62 5AH, UK
About the Event
The use of herbs as natural remedies is as old as time. Our understanding of their therapeutic properties has expanded across centuries and continents, yet our fascination with them remains.
Join Meghan Rhodes, qualified herbal medicine practitioner and founder of Rhodes Roots & Remedies, on a full day workshop as she guides you through a multisensory experience of seasonal herbs and remedy making.
We'll explore the therapeutic properties of a selection of herbs through three traditional hands-on methods:
- Organoleptics - Like learning the skill of wine tasting, this is a fascinating process of understanding a herb's medicinal properties through the senses of taste and smell.
- The Doctrine of Signatures - We'll venture into Helmsley's beautiful physic garden to explore herbs as the Ancient Greeks did, by using the senses of sight and touch to tease out affinities different plants have to various aspects of our wellbeing.
- In the Apothecary - Step into the world of mortars and pestles, tinctures and salves, as we create a herbal remedy together for you to take with you at the end of the day.
We'll also discuss the history of herbal medicine, alongside plenty of time for Q&A throughout.
On the day, you'll receive a course booklet that contains plant profiles of the herbs we cover, step by step instructions for the remedy we make, and additional recipes using the herbs we explore.
This workshop is one of a series of four taking place each season at the stunning Helmsley Walled Garden. Each workshop can be taken on its own or in combination with any or all of the other seasons. There is a discounted rate for booking the reamining three seasons in advance, so do be sure to purchase your preferred ticket option.
Places are limited to a maximum of 10 people per season to ensure an intimate group setting. Only 6 places remain for the autumn season. Registration closes midnight Sunday, 4th Sept.
Remaining course dates on offer in 2022 include:
- Summer - Sat, 2 July 10am - 4pm
- Autumn - Sat, 17 Sept 10am - 4pm
- Winter - Sat, 12 Nov 10am - 4pm
Meghan is a qualified herbal medicine practitioner based in rural East Yorkshire. In her practice, she blends Western Herbal Medicine and Ayurvedic principles, alongside her own organic medicinal herb garden, to provide the best herbal support for each of her clients. She has trained for multiple years under the top herbalists in the UK & Ireland, including Anne McIntyre & Nikki Darrell.
N.B. All information reviewed in this course is based on traditional uses and practices for personal use and is not in any way intended to provide medical advice or substitute for diagnosis or prescriptions from medical practitioners.
- Ticket type
Four Seasons ~ AutumnPrice£85.00Sale ended
- Ticket type
Four Seasons ~ Three Seasons
Summer, Autumn & Winter 2022Price£225.00Sale ended